Top 5 PR stories to follow this weekend
Help a new PR pro out by answering important questions
- Not-for-profit sector: Wounded Warrior Project fires top two executives after an investigation done by CBS into the charity’s spending practices reveals questionable expenses.
Q: What will this mean for the not-for-profit, and what advice can you give their PR team?
2. Marketing/PR campaign partnership: Lane Bryant criticizes networks for not airing its #ThisBody video.
Q: From a PR perspective, will Lane Bryant’s criticism work in their favor?
3. Entertainment/Animal Rights Advocacy: Dog Whisperer, Cesar Millan is investigated for animal abuse.
Q: How do you think this will play out in the media? What do you think Millan’s publicist should do?
4. Press Releases: Nestle’ USA issues a press release detailing voluntary recall of several of its food items.
Q: What can we learn about writing press releases from this example?
5. Politics: Ben Carson endorsed Donald Trump for President. At a time when the GOP is trying its hardest to defeat Trump as the party’s nomination, will Carson’s support help or hinder the GOP’s efforts?
– Please address this situation from a PR standpoint, with objectiveness.
As usual, all respectful and constructive dialogue is welcome and needed.